Sunday, June 22, 2008

Life Lately :?)

Well...Josh and I have been doing really well. We've been so busy with work and church and fellowship with our church friends. But, we love it! I wouldn't mind less working and more church, but that's probably the case for most people...I guess. We've also been going to a bible study at church called "Experiencing God". It's been around for a long time. I'm sure you've heard of it. Anyway...it's been REALLY great.
A couple of things have happend since that started...
There is a guy in our small group at the study who lost his mom in a car accident this past week. She and her husband are VERY well known in the community. She was a principal of a Christian school in McAllen and her husband is the leader of FCA in the Valley. Apparently, she was an AMAZING woman. I've heard nothing but great things about her. All everyone has talked about when speaking about her was that she LOVED Jesus, had a constant, comforting smile, and how she always put others first...that she genuinely cared about other people. She was obviously a wonderful wife and mother. At her funeral, I was just overwhelmed with legacy that she has left and thought...."I want to leave a legacy like she has!" Everyone has said what an inspiration she was and I was thinking that how...even in death...she has been the same inspiration to me!! I thank Jesus for creating women like her that girls like me can look up to!
Another thing that has happend this past week was that I came to place where I am finally ok with the idea that if I never had a baby, I would still be happy living for Christ. However, I do know that I am called to be a mother. So what I've realized is that it is not going to be in my timing. I believe that if we were trying to have a baby...that God might let us have one, but I know that if we wait until He says...."OK...it's time."...that his blessings will be far greater! My deepest desire is that we would be in His will...and I know that having a baby at this time would not be in His will. For a while, I've wanted a baby, because it seems like the time to have babies, but now I know that when we have one, it will be the perfect time. That day will be a great one! In the meantime, we will keep using our time without children to serve Him in ways that would be more diffucult (timewise) if we did have children. What a pleasure it is to serve Him!
Lastly...I'm going to the Frio River in 2 weeks!! I'm so excited! I'm going with all the girls on my mom's side of the family. We float down the river, lay out in the water, play games, eat, talk, etc. I look so forward to it every year! Can't wait!

No comments: