Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Road Trips

Hello!!!
Well...we got back from Thanksgiving in Houston/Victoria on Sunday afternoon. It was wonderful! The food was amazing (the scale could tell you that!). I got to spend time with family and I got to see my dad (who's been in the hospital because after he was diagnosed with liver cancer, he got a bad infection in his liver). On Saturday, early morning, he went back to MD Anderson in Houston because his infection wasn't getting better. It was getting worse!
I had to work Monday and Tuesday and Josh had been talking to his dad, who is getting him an old truck with a lift on it for off-roading. He needed to come pick it up in Houston so I decided to tag along and have him drop me off at the hospital while he goes to get the truck.
So, now, I'm sitting in the hospital room with my mom and dad (who is doing fairly well right now!) They're asleep so I thought I'd finally post. I think that sometimes, my dad having cancer doesn't really feel real. It feels like it's just a made-up story I'm hearing. But, when you get to the hospital, it feels incredibly real.
It's been a pleasure to watch my parents lean on Jesus though. People get into ruts. Work, church, chores, etc. Sometimes, it can be easy to get caught up in all of that and not see how constant God is. He is truly working ALL of the time and I'm so happy He's doing a work in my parents. My parents have given God all the glory through this and my prayer is that they would come out of it and use this experience to be able to minister to other families! Our trials and tribulations CERTAINLY give us perseverence and build character!!!!
One interesting side note: A girl that I'm discipling found out a while back that her dad had colon cancer. I knew it was hard for her and I definitely had sympathy for her, but now...I have empathy. It will completely change the way that I minister to her. God works in ways that you absolutely do not expect and we can't always see why these things happen, but I know that it WILL glorify Christ Jesus and that is what matters!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Hey! So glad to have an update! :)I'm glad to hear your dad is doing fairly well... know that I have been and will be praying for him!

Bethany said...

Hey, how are you? How is your dad doing? Thinking about you!